Boxcar gs error in Trainz 2012

General discussion of Trainz products
bleuodessey

Boxcar gs error in Trainz 2012

Unread postby bleuodessey » Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:48 pm

Hello, and i'm new to your forum,

Have been playing with Trainz 2012 and Ipad driver 2 trainz since 2015.

In 2012, ran into a issue with a downloaded route. When i selected a steam with freight consist already made in downloaded route..... a red bug script error came up saying it was missing lod.gs file on boxcar, i dont know how to take a picture of error in trainz 2012?

Do i need pev tools to fix?

Once you explain how to take picture in trainz, i can post to this thread..

Thanks for this forum. :D

Cordially yours

Bleuodessey

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Boxcar gs error in Trainz 2012

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:43 pm

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like it's a problem with that particular asset. As it's a script error, a screenshot of the error may help - press PrintScreen whilst in Trainz then look under the <folder you installed Trainz to>/UserData/screenshots folder for the screenshot to upload.

Shane

bleuodessey

Unread postby bleuodessey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:12 am

Shane, Thanks for good info, I never figured out how to PR Screen, now it is so easy, I feel like a dummy.

Ok, and your right, it is a script message that comes up didn't think of it that way. It happens once I select a consist to add to my Route, that someone else had made, and I merged their route with mine. I almost thought of deleting their consist of Global consist, but then I thought, if I could learn how to fix this error, it would serve a good advantage for me for any future issues.

I uploaded a cropped picture showing the text error with this reply.

This happens when I selected the consist for my merged Route, and of course if I goto Quick Drive with that Merged Route Etc. I get the RED Bug icon on Screen.

Thanks for help.

Blueodessey
Attachments
blueodessey_20160308_0001 (2).jpg
blueodessey_20160308_0001 (2).jpg (76.92 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
blueodessey_20160308_0001 (2).jpg
blueodessey_20160308_0001 (2).jpg (76.92 KiB) Viewed 1441 times

bleuodessey

Unread postby bleuodessey » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:14 am

Wow, you can actually see the picture I took clearly, I feel like I really accomplished something here.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:03 pm

Looks like a missing config entry in one of the boxcars I'd say - probably need to check both messages by double-clicking to see which KUID it is.

Shane

P.S. That has come out well - saying that though the attachment feature here works quite well once I fine tuned it.

bleuodessey

Unread postby bleuodessey » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:53 am

Indeed the Picture looks awesome, thanks for the help.

I'll see if I can find out what the Kuid's say for errors.

bleuodessey

Unread postby bleuodessey » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:05 pm

:D Good Day All,

Well I've been reading up on content mgr, scripts, and an as-sundry of other Errors related to Trainz12. From what I've gathered, it helps to be a programmer, though I'm not, I'm Computer Geek, so attacking this GS Script error has been a learning experience.

:o I enjoy merging Layouts, and see how well a Jig-saw layout works, and when you play fire, (merging layouts) it gets interesting, but hay, experience is one heck of teacher. So in reference to the Bug, it appears now, one of the layouts I downloaded, I don't know which one, Ive probably downloaded 25-30 ,apparently, when I use the consists that came with said Layouts, there must be a Script attached, Lodi_Lib.gs, or similar, that looks for Commodity or something? And that's when the script error appears.

So I went into Surveyor mode, and deleted the Boxcars, which the error indicated was the problem, and now, no more Bug.

:arrow: I will look through the consist, it has about 13 or so different Boxcars, and put one back a time to see which one will trigger the error script. Then hopefully I can either delete them from Content Mgr, or Disable them. Until I get more knowledgeable on this Script business.

Thank you Shane for your help and also for having this Forum.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:00 pm

No worries - I've dabbled a bit in the scripting side myself.

If it's one particular asset causing problems though it may be worth checking the OK assets to see if they have the same script.

Shane

Return to “General Trainz”