Invisible track

General discussion of Trainz products
dellboy

Invisible track

Unread postby dellboy » Sun Feb 21, 2016 7:24 pm

Hi
Is there a way to find the above in a route that has had them installed to create random derails? If so, how do you remove them?

Thanks

Dellboy

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Invisible track

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 am

Welcome to the forums.

You may need to use map view to track them down although some appear a different colour in Surveyor. Once found though they are removable like other tracks.

Shane

dellboy

Unread postby dellboy » Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Thanks for that Shane. It's what I expected. I thought that there may be a quicker way. The task is quite a big one on this route so I might delete it as I haven't got time to mess about with somebodies peculiar idea of fun.

Dellboy

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 pm

No worries - there is one possibility though if you can track down which one it is, and that's by removing it via Content Manager (if it's not built-in) and using Delete Missing Assets. It's not guaranteed to work though.

Shane

dellboy

Unread postby dellboy » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks again. I will give that a try.

Dellboy

dellboy

Unread postby dellboy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:08 pm

Shane, I found the culprits using surveyor but then had a problem. See below.

I have downloaded the above route. I created a session for a quick spin but I found the consist was getting derailed for no apparent reason. I then searched in surveyor and found that auto derail junctions had been introduced using invisible rail.

Anyway, I proceeded to delete them, after having to clone the route, and hit the save as button. I created a new route and session, as prompted to do,and all seemed fine.

When I went into the route options the new route wasn't there. Ok, I thought maybe just a glitch so tried again. When asked to name the route again I noticed that the first attempt was still in the save box and in RED. To cut a long story short the same thing happened again.

Is there a reason for me not being able to clone this route or what is going wrong?
I certainly don't want to do sessions with the auto derail in them. If there isn't any remedy It will be another good route that will be deleted by me.

Thanks in anticipation of an answer.

Dellboy

clam1952

Unread postby clam1952 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:40 pm

The invisible junctions are probably there for controlling signals and crossing when running AI or sessions that come with the route, not as a deliberate attempt to derail.
Instead of deleting them just change the junction so it doesn't send trains down the invisible track.

Return to “General Trainz”