replace asset

This forum is for technical support queries relating to Trainz A New Era. For bug reporting, please submit your bug report via N3V's helpdesk at http://support.trainzportal.com
robertm

replace asset

Unread postby robertm » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:23 pm

Hi,

I have downloaded a route from the DLS (Springfield-Missouri). I finally found, and downloaded all the missing dependencies. I found that there was one faulty dependency. I found that msgsapper reissued the dependency (with the original creator's permission, and it is not faulty. The question I have is - since it is just the one dependency, is it possible to just replace the kuid of the faulty asset with the kuid of the corrected one in the kuid table of the route, or is there another way to do this? I know there is a bulk replace asset in TANE, but that seems a little over kill for one asset. Thanks for any help.

Bob

clam1952

Re: replace asset

Unread postby clam1952 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:55 pm

No not that easy as the asset info is stored internally in the route files, the config just lists what's in the route files.
You can't replace missing assets in surveyor using the replace tool as they are not physically there.
Easier is change the kuid of the fixed one to the missing one by cloning it and editing outside of content manager then import it and overwrite the original faulty one.

Return to “Trainz A New Era”