Asset Transfer from TS12 SP1 to TANE

This forum is for technical support queries relating to Trainz A New Era. For bug reporting, please submit your bug report via N3V's helpdesk at http://support.trainzportal.com
rphahn

Asset Transfer from TS12 SP1 to TANE

Unread postby rphahn » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:41 pm

I have a few assets that worked fine in TS12SP1 but when I load them into TANE they don't work or they won't work properly. Where in this forum could I address the issues I am having.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Asset Transfer from TS12 SP1 to TANE

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Welcome to the forum.

I have moved your thread into the Trainz A New Era forum as that should be the best place to get an answer for that issue.

In order to be able to advise further though, if possible would you be able to get the names and KUIDs of the affected assets and what exactly is not working properly with them.

Shane

rphahn

Unread postby rphahn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:08 pm

Fiirst of all thanks for putting my message in the proper place.

Now the problem I am having...

When I was using Trainz TS12 I was playing with the Wuppertal Suspension Railway. There are two routes (namely: "Schwebebahn Teststrecke" and "Schwebebahntestanlage") that spiked my initial interest in this wonderful suspension railroad. These was written by Author "wuppertaler 56" and it worked fine in "TS12". But when I tried importing it into TANE, the most of the files i.e. suspension rails amd structures load fine however the engine "<kuid2:205267:1137:1> Schwebebahnmotorwagen b50 Beta" and the passenger car "<kuid2:205267:1136:1> Schwebebahnanhaenger b50 Beta" do not. The "motorwagan" (or engine) doesn't load at all with a "modified faulty error" showing in the Trainz Content area. The "haenger" (or passenger car) file loads but shows with the cab above the rail and all other parts showing below. The parts show properly since it is a suspension (hanging) train. The "haenger" file is simply a passenger car and will not move without the "motorwagen" or engine. I have tried on numerous occasions to contact the author, with no response. I love this train and track and am somewhat desparate to get these to run in TANE and am resorting to asking you (whom I consider an expert) to please look at these files and at least let me know if there may be a solution to getting these working in TANE. I've looked at the "config" files to no end and can't see anything that can correct the problems I am having. Please let me know what you think about this. I have been overall very pleased with TANE so far and would like to think that I can enjoy Trainz with one rather than two versions to contend with.

Thank You so much in advance for being there even if you can not help. I've always enjoyed your feedback to users in the forums.

Sincerely Randy Hahn
"Randall 250"
[email protected]

rphahn

Unread postby rphahn » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:14 pm

Shane, btw, I don't know if you have access to my loaded test route or not, but it is titled "<kuid:644496:100002> Second Tram Route-A" with session <kuid:644496:100004> that I was testing.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:08 am

I will have a look later on to see if I have access to said route, although in most cases right-clicking the asset and clicking View Errors and Warnings will help identify what errors Trainz sees in the content.

Shane

Return to “Trainz A New Era”