moving TANE SP1 userdata folder

This forum is for technical support queries relating to Trainz A New Era. For bug reporting, please submit your bug report via N3V's helpdesk at http://support.trainzportal.com
Derekc75

moving TANE SP1 userdata folder

Unread postby Derekc75 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:20 pm

Hi:

I installed TANE SP1 on my D: drive but my user folder, screenshots etc. were still installed on my C: drive under my username\Appdata\local\n3v games\Tane etc.

How do I successfully move this folder onto my D: drive without having to reinstall everything. I note there is a file called userdata-redirect-map.txt in there that appears to redirect all this files to my C: drive.

I find it a bit odd that everything was no installed on my D: drive along with everything else!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Derek

clam1952

Re: moving TANE SP1 userdata folder

Unread postby clam1952 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:40 pm

Easy way if you want it with the rest of the install is create a folder call it say Userdata in your TANE folder, copy the contents of username\Appdata\local\n3v games\Tane etc into this folder. Start the TANe Launcher > Settings > Install > click the browse button on the right of the data path box and select your new Userdata Folder, close the settings and wait for TANE to rebuild the Database, if it doesn't then manually rebuild the database, it's under the developer menu.
TANE will automatically add the new data location to the userdata-redirect-map.txt best not to touch that file that stays where it is.

Malc

Derekc75

Unread postby Derekc75 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:59 pm

Thanks, Malc.

That worked like a charm. I never would have figured that out.

Cheers,

Derek

spottymarshal

Unread postby spottymarshal » Sun May 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Hi

Sorry to add to this post, I'm new to T:ANE and I'm confused.

I've tried to follow the instructions but I'm still unsure if I'm doing it correctly.

My T:ANE is installed on my D: drive under a New folder I created called TANE

however when I click on my Settings from the T:ANE Launcher it says
User content is stored in this location C:\users\Michael\appdata\local\n3vgames\tane\build nndngm041

I'm using Windows 10 and when I'm searching C:\users\Michael I can't find Appdata\local\n3v games\Tane to copy the data to a new folder on my D: drive.

I've not installed any content yet or even tried to play T:ANE so is this where I'm going wrong.

Many thanks

Michael

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:32 am

By default the AppData folder is hidden - you may want to use the Run box and enter the folder directly into that (for Windows 8/8.1 and 10 right click the start button at the bottom to access the option.

Shane

spottymarshal

Unread postby spottymarshal » Mon May 23, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks Shane will try that tonight

Michael

Return to “Trainz A New Era”