Problem Downloading Assets

General discussion about the Trainz content manager tool, right from the content manager in early versions up to the Trainz A New Era content manager.
Don Mac

Problem Downloading Assets

Unread postby Don Mac » Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:54 am

I managed to download several assets the other day by clicking on 'Manage Content' then choosing the 'All Content' option and picking what I wanted from the list.

This morning I was intending to download another asset but there seems to be a problem.

The 'Window' that pops up says, line by line:

1st line: ● Searching asset 'asset name'
2nd line Unable to search asset <asset number> Unable to contact server
3rd line Complete

I can't figure out what it means by 'Unable to contact server'. I am connected, signed up and registered to the site as per instructions.

In all other regards my internet connection works and encounters no difficulty in connecting to other sites and services.

I use the latest release of 'Trainz - A New Era' (Tane)

Is the problem likely to be on my end, or on the Trainz site end? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Problem Downloading Assets

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:41 pm

If your version is one that uses a serial number, have you unticked the Disable Online Features box in Trainz Settings > Internet?

Shane

Don Mac

Unread postby Don Mac » Sun May 01, 2016 10:48 am

Thanks very much for once again coming to my rescue Shane. Didn't realise how influencial that tick box was.

Much obliged to you.

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Tue May 03, 2016 8:01 am

It's very influential as it means the difference between Trainz being online or offline.

No worries, anyway.

Shane

eruffins

Unread postby eruffins » Tue May 03, 2016 10:57 pm

does the game you buy out of box have an online button (disable online features)that was mentioned above ??? maybe that is why I cant load a dlc Mohave sub

clam1952

Unread postby clam1952 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:03 pm

Some do some don't, if it does it will be in the Options > Internet tab (where you put the serial number) > Disable online features - at the bottom under the FCT bit. It's disabled by default.

Don Mac

Unread postby Don Mac » Sun May 08, 2016 9:48 am

eruffins wrote:does the game you buy out of box have an online button (disable online features)that was mentioned above ??? maybe that is why I cant load a dlc Mohave sub

In the boxed version of Tane that I have purchased I can't see any buttons relating to online features in a prominent position.

Apart from the locations of such permissions referred to by Shane and Clam I could not find any other obvious references.

Having said that please allow that I am new to Trainz in all its guises and a learner. There are so many aspects to get acquainted with that I find there aren't enough hours in the day, possibly in one lifetime.

Return to “Content Manager”