Database Re-Build

General discussion about the Trainz content manager tool, right from the content manager in early versions up to the Trainz A New Era content manager.
clivegwr

Database Re-Build

Unread postby clivegwr » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:42 am

My problem with the above function is that it keeps activating itself when I load a route in surveyor (T:ane). It takes around 600 seconds each time.
Is it possible to disable this function and run it when required. I did not have this problem with TRS12 so is it a problem related to T:ane only?
I have checked the result file and apart from the usual warnings and faulty assets there is nothing unusual. Does anyone have the same problem?

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Database Re-Build

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:30 pm

I haven't had it when within Surveyor, but I have seen it when starting the program (usually after a patch). If it happens regularly though it could suggest a database problem.

Shane

clivegwr

Unread postby clivegwr » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:11 am

Sorry the database rebuild starts up when you start the trainz program, but is hidden behind the main screen. You only notice it when you try to load a route. I think I have traced the cause to the frequent program crash events in surveyor(T:ane) . I am hoping that the soon to be out, service pack for T:ane could be the answer. Clive

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:05 pm

SP1 should sort that issue out - the current beta builds don't appear to have that problem.

Shane

clivegwr

Unread postby clivegwr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:25 pm

I have now Downloaded Tane SP and have used it for two days. The Good News is that I have had No Program Crashes and only one Database rebuild.
The Content manager has been modified and seems to be far less sluggish. I still have the problem with some of my older content, where for example
the gaps in a fence instead of being transparent are black.

Clive

clam1952

Unread postby clam1952 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:37 pm

Make sure your Antialiasing is set to 8, that appears to "fix" the problem for the moment. Leastwise here it does.

clivegwr

Unread postby clivegwr » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:12 pm

Thanks for the tip. That seems to have cured the problem of the black background. Its previous setting was 2.

Clive

Return to “Content Manager”