Tips Using Trainz Content manager

General discussion about the Trainz content manager tool, right from the content manager in early versions up to the Trainz A New Era content manager.
davies_mike57

Tips Using Trainz Content manager

Unread postby davies_mike57 » Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:26 am

Hello members,
Tip using Content Manager:
Noticed sometimes that when you modify and add content to a route or session caching eventually gets buggered up.
After a while when running in driver mode the frame rate has dropped and it takes a longer time for the graphics to load in.
Well I found that if you go into content manager and every so often run the Extended Database Repair from the file menu this action will improve performance of the game.
This is a very useful tool because it will delete and reset the caching of the routes.
When you go up and down the tracks a few time thereafter the route/session will make a new cache and will perform a lot better.
Regards
Mike Davies

ricketts

Re: Tips Using Trainz Content manager

Unread postby ricketts » Thu Dec 17, 2015 2:45 am

Mike Many thanks for the info..cheers Paul

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:32 am

Indeed - thank you for that tip Mike (hopefully it will help others out as well).

Shane

eruffins

Unread postby eruffins » Tue May 03, 2016 11:22 pm

I am going to try that because I am getting lag after about an hour on tane and I have a pretty decent computer... do you do this before you start game or when or do you pause game then do it...is this procedure for all trainz versions

Return to “Content Manager”