Changing Username

General discussion about the Trainz content manager tool, right from the content manager in early versions up to the Trainz A New Era content manager.
clivegwr

Changing Username

Unread postby clivegwr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 pm

I have been with trainz for many years and enjoy creating routes as my prime interest. I now have a large content library. I have moved over to T:ane
and imported a lot of my content with me. To make life easier I have always edited the User name of the asset to a make it easier to find and a better description in surveyor. I find that in T:ANE, a lot of the content is payware and won't let you change the user name or when you do edit the asset
it becomes faulty and has to be reverted to work again. I am sure that a lot of assets that were freeware in TRS12 have become payware in T:ane.
Is there any way around the problem that anyone knows. Thanks Clive

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Re: Changing Username

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:37 pm

Welcome to the forums.

For Trainz A New Era content, the built-in/payware content cannot be edited without it becoming faulty due to the texture format used (and yes there is quite a bit more payware content due to the new routes in Trainz A New Era). Hopefully though the maker of the PEVSoft tools (Peter Villaume also known as PEV) will be able to get the required information from N3V in order to update his tools to get round this issue).

Shane

clivegwr

Unread postby clivegwr » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:04 pm

Thanks for your help. Hopefully he will. Clive

shaneturner12
Site Admin

Unread postby shaneturner12 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:30 pm

Hopefully - it is all dependent on his communications with N3V at the moment regarding the formats.

Shane

Return to “Content Manager”